Friday, September 7, 2012



I love Provo.

I love love love LOVE Provo.

Yesterday I got some bad news...I've been planning this evening glow-in-the-dark 5k since June, and it was decided that it can't take place at night because there are too many safety and liability issues. I had a 30 minute pity party last night then when straight to bed. I'm a firm believer in scheduling time to mourn and then moving on. Life doesn't stop just because something goes wrong, so there's no point in dwelling in disappointment. 

Today I was still feeling a bit icky. It's my roommate's birthday, and we both work early morning shifts. We met up just after 8 to walk to the temple to do baptisms. It was AMAZING. I have a testimony of the temple. All the stress I've been feeling this week went away. I felt calm and happy and relaxed!

I had a class at 11, so I headed back to campus. I couldn't stop smiling. I can't stop smiling. I feel so at peace. Today was beautiful. I feel beautiful and happy. 

I love Provo because I love the mountains. (Except I sure do miss Timpanogos and the Point!) I love Provo because the trees here are massive. I love being in a college town. The people are so friendly! The temple is perfect. Campus is well kept. I love doing laundry on Saturdays and buying my own groceries. My job, too, is super lovable. I love walking home after putting in a long day. I love crashing in my apartment, knowing that I've given 100%. I love the things I'm learning in church, in my classes, and from the experiences I'm having.

And, for the first time ever, I love having a social life:)

I miss you, Mommy! Can't wait to see the ohana tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. hi um. the ohana, better include stopping by and hugging me. i miss you so much i could cry.

    --zoe

    ReplyDelete