Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Prayers

The Lord Has Not Forgotten You - Sister Linda S. Reeves

"Our Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ, know us and love us. They know when we are in pain or suffering in any way. They do not say, "It's okay that you're in pain right now because soon everything is going to be all right"...They feel the depth of our suffering, ad we can feel of Their love and compassion in our suffering.

"Whatever sin or weakness of pain or struggle or trial you are going through, He knows and understands those very moments. He loves you! And He will carry you through those moments, just as He did Mary and Martha. He has paid the price that He might know how to succor you. Cast your burdens upon him. Tell your Heavenly Father how you feel. Tell Him about your pain and afflictions and then give them to Him. Search the scriptures daily. There you will also find great solace and help."

Last week and the week before were HARD. I'm really happy, but I have some friends who aren't making happy decisions. That and I had been experiencing an emotional overload. Positive and negative. I remembered Sister Reeves' advice. God knows what's happening in my life, but I needed to tell Him anyway. I kneeled down to pray to my God. I began by saying “Dear Heavenly Father.” Before I could continue, I just burst into tears. I knelt there by my bedside for a couple minutes, just crying into my bed sheets. I said, “that’s how I feel right now” and closed the prayer. I was able to feel immediate and immense peace.

Last week during Ward Conference, the Stake President talked about God and Jesus Christ calling Joseph Smith by name. He encouraged us to pray to Heavenly Father and to listen for our name. I can testify that it works.

I have developed a strong testimony of prayer over the last few weeks. I would encourage everyone to try the two strategies listed above. For my friends who are struggling and have been asking for my advice, the only thing I feel inspired to share is this: tell Heavenly Father how you feel, and then listen for your name.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true. I am so grateful to have the blessing of the restored Gospel in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment