Thursday, January 10, 2013

Elder Cook's seven ways to invite the spirit:

Sorry for three posts right in a row, but I have A LOT to say tonight.

In my home ward last week, it was announced that Elder Gene R. Cook, former seventy, would be teaching a two hour combined adult and youth lesson on scripture study. I looked at my mom, and we high-fived. I spent the next two hours fan-girling over all of the wonderful things he said. He shared 7 different ways to immediately invite the spirit.

1. Pray
2. Read the scriptures
3. Testify
4. Use the hymns
5. Express love and gratitude to God and man
6. Share spiritual experiences
7. If needed, seek a priesthood blessing

Yesterday, I was feeling overwhelmed about something. I played a MoTab song and immediately felt so much better. These methods work. They're simple, but it is by small and simple things that great things are brought to pass.

LOVES.

No comments:

Post a Comment