Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Something I learned.

I am content, and content is okay.

If my happiness was a scale of 1 to 10, I'm probably at about a 6 or 7. This is so much better than a 1, which is where I felt the majority of last semester. I'm very content with being content. 

Content seems to be a deeper emotion than most people give it credit for. It involves a realistic recognition of my whole situation. It's me finally coming to terms with myself. I'm at peace. It's not expected that I'll be ridiculously happy with what has happened, so why was I setting myself up for failure?

Content is good. It feels comfortable, manageable, and very light.

Yesterday and today I walked around campus smiling. It feels good to be Sarah again. I talked with a lot of people, and got a lot of work done. I'm the same girl I was in high school: efficient, confident, and pulled together. Except this time, I actually feel pulled together. I feel more mature, and whole lot more mellowed by experience, but I feel like Sarah again.

I also feel overwhelming love for my roommates, my friends, my ward, my family, my Savior, and my Father. I also feel overwhelmingly loved by the same people.

And so right now, I'm not exactly giddy or happy or ecstatic, but I am content, and content is okay.

2 comments:

  1. Your post makes me want to break out and do a Gangnam Style trot across campus. But I will hold off lest the effort bums you out! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarahhhhhh! I love you. :) This semester/next almost two years will be so great!

    ReplyDelete