Thursday, January 10, 2013

Streams of mercy, never ceasing.

If it seems like I post a lot about the Gospel, it's because I do. It really has consumed all of my life, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Today, three out of five of my teachers bore their testimony in class, only one of them actually being my religion professor. I'm four days into the new semester and I've already felt an outpouring of the Spirit. I feel so blessed to be at BYU for that reason. I post about the Gospel often because I feel like I need to. I've been blessed with a tremendous amount of knowledge, and I desire to share it with others.

Here's what I've been thinking about lately:

Do you know what the most wonderful feeling is? Being carried by the Savior. Being taken into his arms and comforted.

When you're at the end of your rope, and you literally cannot make it another day, Christ will carry you.

And looking back, he's been here all along, allowing me to experience the pain and growth that will help me understand joy and love.

He let my sorrow linger so that he could spend more time with me--so that I would be more attentive to his presence. 

To be able to recognize this truth before the pain is completely removed is the greatest blessing. To know that my experiences are refining me for God's work is a privilege. 

In the Preach My Gospel book, it says, "More happiness awaits you than you have ever experienced as you labor among His children." The Gospel has brought me more joy than anything else. I can truly testify that one can only find lasting or real happiness through the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I look forward to being able to serve a mission, where 100% of my time will be dedicated toward teaching God's children.

AND I have about a month and a half until I can turn in my mission papers <3

No comments:

Post a Comment