Sunday, January 13, 2013

Today I feel like Alma 26.


There's someone I've been trying to help for the longest time. I've cried, prayed, fasted, everything. I've tried talking to them, sharing scriptures, sharing spiritual experiences. My heart has been literally broken over this person.

And yesterday I received the call that everything I've put into this effort was all worth it.

I feel to praise and glory God--"I will boast of my God, for in His strength I can do all things."

He took my imperfect work and turned it into something beautiful. I "have been made an instrument in the hands of God to bring about this great work...Blessed be the name of our God; let us sing to his praise, yea, let us give thanks to his holy name, for he doth work righteousness forever."

I know that this person is "encircled about with the matchless bounty of his love; yea, and we have been an instrument in his hands of doing this great and marvelous work...I cannot say the smallest part which I feel."

"And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul...Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began."

"Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go...and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success."

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true. I have never felt this more fervently than I do now. And I felt it stronger today than I did yesterday. And yesterday more so than the day before. Every day I learn more about the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and every day I become more and more converted.

I have a testimony of missionary work. Any work that leads people to the temple is of absolute and eternal significance. I have a testimony of prayer, fasting, and fast offerings. When we show the Lord that His work is important to us, then He will bless us with success.

"Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment