Wednesday, March 27, 2013

My two cents on the pending Supreme Court ruling.


"WE WARN that individuals who violate covenants of chastity, who abuse spouse or offspring, or who fail to fulfill family responsibilities will one day stand accountable before God. Further, we warn that the disintegration of the family will bring upon individuals, communities, and nations the calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets.
WE CALL UPON responsible citizens and officers of government everywhere to promote those measures designed to maintain and strengthen the family as the fundamental unit of society."
I might as well have bolded the entire thing. This is what the Prophets have said. Unless new revelation is received that changes this, then I stand with The Family: A Proclamation to the World. Furthermore, I do not believe that God would reveal a change to His standard for families, considering that the family unit is an eternal principle. 
I don't just oppose "gay marriage," I support the family as God intended it to be. It's not bashing, it's not hating, it's supporting and loving and sustaining what the Prophets have taught. I look forward to General Conference in a week and a half, where I will have the opportunity to once again sustain the Prophets and hear the messages they have to share with the world.
(For further reading, I'd suggest the February Ensign article about showing tolerance while upholding truth.)

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! Love you .^_^.

    <3 Mommy

    ReplyDelete