Thursday, March 7, 2013

Yesterday I did something for myself. I said "no" to the person who said "no" to me. They took advantage of me at a time when I was vulnerable and heart broken, and they even shamelessly admitted to it. Fast forward to now, and there they were again, asking for something from me. This, of course, after months of no contact. Something about my integrity and self worth restrained me. I politely declined and walked away.

I love myself. I've gone through years of hellish self-loathing, but now I love myself. 

I'm imperfect, and far below my potential. Yet I'm also beautiful, hard working, determined, and resilient. I'm powerfully strong. My heart is full of love and hope, not resentment. My experiences haven't made me bitter. I won't give up and I refuse to let myself become cold, only careful.

And if there was any question as to who I am, this is me finally being me.

1 comment: