Monday, May 20, 2013

this girl loves you.



The best and worst thing about me is my heart. I just naturally love and care about people. A friend once described my heart as being giant chunks that I can’t help but drop everywhere I go. It spills out all over the place and gets onto everyone and everything. I have a tendency to throw myself at people. I trust far too easily. I have a hard time saying goodbye, letting go, and moving on. People quickly forget me, but I can’t make myself give up. I fight and fight until I become a broken mess of miserable loneliness. To protect myself, I burn bridges and build walls. But I never stop loving. It’s more painful than I even know how to put into words.

Yet it’s also the greatest blessing—to be able to love so deeply and willingly. In fact, I think it’s a spiritual gift. I would rather feel everything as intensely as I do than be apathetic.

And so, if you're reading this, please know that I love you. I'm crazy, controlling, emotional, and not always the best friend that I could be. Please forgive my shortcomings and know that no matter what, I won't give up on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment