Monday, September 16, 2013

nine days:)

TODAY I GOT ANOTHER EMAIL. SERIOUSLY, IS THIS HOW GIRLS FEEL EVERY WEEK THEY GET AN EMAIL FROM THEIR MISSIONARY??? THIS IS AWESOME. After going on lots of dates and being in two relationships over the past year, I've realized how kick-butt my high school sweetheart was. Even though we went 9 months without speaking, I'm so grateful that he's responded to my emails these past two weeks. I can't say that I love him, and I definitely don't want to be trunky...but I'm so excited to hear about his mission experiences. He's the same person, except so much better at the same time.

Anyway, I have nine days left until I leave on my own mission! I am so excited:) Yesterday was my first of two farewells. I said goodbye to my two best friends. Jenna is going to be married to Andrew in December in the Manti Temple. I couldn't be happier or more proud! Clarissa is leaving on her own mission next month in Charlotte, North Carolina. I look forward to being reunited with her at her homecoming:)

Sisters in Zion
It's strange saying goodbye to the people who mean so much to me, but I feel filled with the faith to move mountains. I'm not afraid or anxious or sad anymore. I'm excited for the ways our relationships will progress. I've been attending Young Women's the past few weeks, and the lesson was on tithing. I commented that God is willing to give us everything that he has! (See the Oath and Covenant of the Priesthood, D&C 84.) To be willing to give up everything we have is a quality of godliness. He asks for 10% of our income, but for all of our will. God wants all of us, all of the time. The other 90% that we keep should be used to build up the Kingdom of God. That includes providing for our temporal needs, bettering ourselves with education, and donating to charity. When you truly want to give all of yourself to God, it feels amazing. The Church is true, and I am so blessed to be able to turn my life to Him for the next 18 months:)

No comments:

Post a Comment