Tuesday, September 3, 2013

twenty-two days left!

Sorry for angsty posts. What can I say? I'm still a teenager ;)


Right now my life consists of completing my pre-mission to do list. It's harder than ever to stay focused, especially since I wish I was starting classes like most of my friends are. Can't everyone in the world put their lives on hold for the next 18 months and 22 days? I wonder if other missionaries feel this way, too. It seems like everyone but me is partying, dating, working, and studying. I think it's a tender mercy that I'm able to leave so soon. September 25th can't come fast enough!

Also, here's something to chew on: Fear is a tool of the adversary, not God. God will use godly sorrow or remorse to lead us to action, or He'll use a stupor of thought; however, God will not use fear to show us that we're on the wrong path. I've been excited, but also scared out of my mind. Am I actually capable of doing this? Did I make the right decision? Yes, because "God hath not given [me] the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." I feel this most strongly when I am in the temple, without the influence of the devil. I have power because of my temple covenants. I am serving a mission because of the love I have for God and His glory. I have a sound mind because of the mental and emotional preparation I've done.



1 comment:

  1. So excited for this spiritual adventure you're on!!

    <3 Mommy

    ReplyDelete