Sunday, September 8, 2013

yay september.

He kept asking why he needed to apologize to me, and I guess "my feelings were hurt" isn't reason enough. Maybe he did the right thing--but in doing the right thing, my heart was broken. He could apologize if he wanted to. I mean, I apologized to him for my faults. And then he pointed out my other faults, which I also apologized for.

So I ended the call and ran to my good friend, President Eyring.

"Many of you have felt fear in approaching someone you have offended or who has hurt you...I challenge you to go for the Lord to someone, despite any fear you may have, to extend love and forgiveness. I promise you that as you do, you will feel the love of the Savior for that person and His love for you, and it will not seem to come from a great distance."

I still love him, but differently. And that's enough to let me move on. I don't want to be with someone who is always right. I want a relationship based on apologies and forgiveness, patience, kindness, love. And I want to be ready first. (Which includes serving my mission.)

I don't know who he is yet, but he will be a lucky guy to have me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment